2 Weeks In Borneo: The Ultimate Honeymoon Itinerary for Adventurous Couples!
For our Honeymoon in 2022, we knew we wanted to go somewhere extra special. Somewhere we would never forget. Somewhere with infinite adventure, wondrous wildlife and natural beauty. This is why we chose Sabah – the wildlife haven of Borneo!
It turned out to be the most incredible 2 weeks, and we had to share this itinerary with other travellers, couples and potential Honeymooners.
Key itinerary highlights include:
- An overnight layover in dazzling Kuala Lumpur city.
- Fly into Sandakan airport, Sabah.
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation and Sun Bear Conservation centres.
- Stay on the Kinabatangan River at Sukau Rainforest Lodge for epic wildlife cruises (3 days / 2 nights).
- Spot wild orangutans, crocodiles, pygmy elephants, proboscis monkeys, macaques, countless birdlife and much more.
- Stay at the Borneo Rainforest Lodge set in the ancient rainforests of Danum Valley (3 days / 2 nights).
- Spot wild orangutans, red leaf monkeys, sliding squirrels and nocturnal creatures, such as the tarsier!
- Fly from Lahad Datu airport to Kota Kinabalu.
- Transfer from Kota Kinabalu to Gaya Island Resort by speedboat for a luxurious island stay just off Borneo Island (5 days / 4 nights).
- An overnight layover in otherworldly Singapore before heading home.
For the full in-depth itinerary, head over to our travel blog “2 Weeks In Borneo, Singapore And Kuala Lumpur: An EPIC Travel Itinerary & The Ultimate Guide!” on TheFlainsTravel.com. We have covered everything for you, including all useful tips such as: flights and recommended airlines to book, getting to each destination and booking tours vs self-booking and where to stay!
We hope you have the most incredible time in Sabah!